Why you've got to go to Niseko!
- Ski 4 unique ski fields with one lift pass
- The average snow depth for the Niseko area over is over 2.5 metres
- The average snowfall for the season is over 17 metres
- Experience some of the world's lightest and driest powder snow!
Niseko Resort Information
Niseko is the biggest and most popular cluster of ski resorts in Hokkaido. Here there are seven ski areas, the main area comprises Annupuri, Niseko Village, Grand Hirafu, and Hanazono, which are sequentially interconnected and may be skied on one ski pass. Together they form 2,191 acres, skiable on one ski pass called the ‘Niseko United’. Niseko is known to receive one of the highest snowfalls in Japan each year, with the average snowfall of over 17 metres. On top of this great terrain and considerable snowfall, Niseko has the biggest concentration of bars, entertainment and western owned accommodation in Japan. Language barriers are no longer an issue when visiting Niseko, making it a very family friendly resort.
Liquid Snow Tours tips:
- Go night skiing at Grand Hirafu (included in your Niseko lift pass) it has arguably the best night skiing in the world.
- Stay in the lower village for better value, still close to the lifts but much cheaper.
- Pack extra, exrta warm clothes - it gets very cold.
- Avoid the Chinese New year period, as accommodation is expensive and the village is packed.
Stats of Grand Hirafu resort:
- Beginner 30%, Intermediate 38%, Advanced 32%
- Top Elevation 1,156m
- Base Elevation 256m
- Vertical drop 900m
- 1 Gondola, 15 chairlifts
- Max gradient 40 degrees
- Average annual snowfall 15m
- English ski/snowboard lessons available
- Backcountry guiding available